Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Waiting on the World to Change" John Mayer



Waiting On The World To ...
By John Mayer
Best Video Codes

I wasn't originally that impressed with this song. I don't think I ever disliked it, but it was just okay to me. But in the last couple months I heard it in different places again, and I guess it really grew on me, because I just love it now. I think musically it's a lot of fun. And it has an interesting message--discontent with the way things are in the world with a little bit of hope for the future. I think it captures where a lot of people of this generation are at as they look at the world and all the stuff going on.

Mayer won the Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for this song at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards.

To hear the version on his album Continuum go here.
For the acoustic version on The Village Sessions which is very cool and features Ben Harper, go here.

No comments: