Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Graduation

I have been through several graduations in my life--8th Grade, High School, University for my undergrad (in 2000), and Friday, May 16, 2008 I graduated from Concordia Seminary with my Master of Arts degree. That was my favorite graduation. I think I appreciated it more than the others. I mean, I appreciated all of them to some extent, but this being an advanced degree and knowing I worked hard for it, and earned it while working full time in the church--well, it was an awesome feeling. I felt really emotional at the ceremony Friday thinking of how good it felt to get the degree, thinking of all the people who supported me, thinking of how much God has blessed me and how He has been with me every step of the way. I thought I would feel really pumped up Friday, and though I was excited, mostly what I felt was peace. I felt at peace knowing I finished my program, have my MA, and have closed that chapter in my life. Some people have asked me if I will go for the PhD. Well, I have no immediate plans to do so. But I did like the look of those PhD. robes! Who knows what God has in store for the future. But for now, I am very content with my M.A.

Oh, my favorite moments of the ceremony Friday were receiving my hood (which is white for Arts and Letters, and has green and gold lining which are the Seminary colors), and having the president of the seminary address us as alumni of Concordia Seminary.

No comments: