Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mark 10:13-16

The Little Children and Jesus

13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

Jesus loves children! There is a little boy in my church who is very sick, and as I was praying for him this week, I thought of this passage. I know he is in the Lord's hands, and how much Jesus loves him. It is so awesome to see the faith of a child. Children trust so much easier than adults do; and they don't put up walls like adults do.

No comments: