Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Art Institute of Chicago--Chicago, Illinois

I have been to several art museums in different cities, but the Art Institute of Chicago is my favorite. I love that there are so many paintings of Christ and paintings with Christian themes. My favorite is The Crucifixion by Francisco de Zurbaran (there is a post about this in my Art posts).

There are paintings by Monet, Manet, and Picasso. And there are other well known paintings like Georges Seurat's A Sunday on la Grande Jatte or Gustave Caillebotte's Paris Street; Rainy Day. I also really enjoy the Thorne Miniature Rooms. These 68 rooms give glimpses of European interiors from the 13th century to the 1930s and American furnishings from the 17th century to the 1930s. It's very cool.

There is so much to see at the Art Institute; one can easily spend a lot of time there looking at all the magnificent artwork. Visit the website of the Art Institute here to see some of the art.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Don't forget about "American Gothic". It's probablyt he most famous American painting inthe world.