Monday, May 26, 2008

24


This show had been on several seasons before I got into it. On Labor Day weekend a few years ago, they had a marathon of season 4 of 24 on one of the cable stations, and I got hooked. The show is unique in that it takes place in real time. So each episode is an hour of the day. So watching it in a marathon or on DVD where you can watch episodes back to back is really best as you can watch events of the day unfold and see the momentum build. The show is about the work of CTU, a Counter Terrorist Unit in the US, and features Jack Bauer (played very well by Kiefer Sutherland) who in the beginning of the show is head of CTU, and later helps CTU even when he no longer officially a part of it. It's unbelievable what Jack Bauer goes through in a day fighting the baddies! It's a very suspenseful show and often has twists such as revealing someone you thought was one of the good guys is really working with the terrorists. And sometimes characters you really like get killed off. Since season 4 was what first got me into the show, I especially like that one. I liked the characters of Tony and Michelle a lot. Great show filled with action, suspense, and drama.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I've always wondered what Jack Bauer does on the other days of the month. I mean, he goes through hell on one day to stop the terrorists, what about the other 29 or 30 days?