Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson

This was one of the first "for fun" books I read after I finished my Master's degree stuff. The novel is basically about a group of very different women who are assigned to a prayer group at a Christian women's retreat and then continue to meet. It is really cool that though they are so different they have a bond as sisters in Christ and really support each other with prayer and in other ways. They face various challenges and trials and learn a lot about grace and forgiveness. There are 7 books in this series, and I will be reading all of them as the story lines continue through each of the novels, and I can't wait to see what else will happen with these women. These books, while fun, also really made me think more about prayer. These women pray about everything, even when there are things that are difficult to pray about for whatever reason. It made me think about my prayer life, and how I want to be more regular in praying about things.

No comments: