Friday, April 4, 2008

Survivor


This is an interesting reality show (actually I think this was one of the earlier reality shows on TV) in which people live out in the middle of nowhere for over a month and do their best to survive in the wilderness. They are put on teams and compete in challenges for rewards and for immunity. Tribes that don't win immunity have to vote someone off. As more and more people are eliminated, there are individual immunity challenges. Then in the end, the last people voted off comprise a jury and vote from the remaining 2 (or now 3) players who they want to win the million dollars and the title of "Sole Survivor." The goal is to outwit, outplay, outlast.

I have watched this show for years, and honestly sometimes I ask myself why I watch it. I think I enjoy watching the dynamics of groups of people who are of all different ages and backgrounds. I like seeing how people interact, and what they are willing to do to win. It's quite fascinating actually. And it's interesting to see the challenges they compete in.

No comments: