Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Misery (Movie)

This movie is based on the Stephen King novel of the same name. James Caan plays Paul Sheldon, a writer who is in a car accident while driving during a blizzard. Annie Wilkes (played by Kathy Bates), an ex-nurse, pulls Paul from the car and take him into her house, setting his broken bones and caring for him. Annie tells Paul she is his number one fan, and as time goes on, Paul begins to see how disturbed and psychotic she is. This is a very suspenseful film. Kathy Bates won the Best Actress Oscar for her outstanding performance. My dad and I like to watch this movie together.

Some quotes:

Annie: Now that's an oogie mess.
________________________
Annie: Anything else I can get for you while I am in town? How about a tiny tape recorder, or how about a homemade pair of writing slippers?

Paul: Annie, what's the matter?

Annie: What's the matter? WHAT'S THE MATTER? I will tell you "what's the matter!" I go out of my way for you! I do everything to try and make you happy. I feed you, I clean you, I dress you, and what thanks do I get? "Oh, you bought the wrong paper, Anne, I can't write on this paper, Anne!" Well, I'll get your stupid paper but you just better start showing me a little appreciation around here, Mr. MAN!

No comments: