Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lisa

Lisa and I became friends probably a year or so after I moved down to the St. Louis area. We were both going through challenging times in our lives, and I believe God brought us together at that time so we could support each other and build each other up. There were time when I wanted to be so tough and strong when faced with challenges professionally and personally, but she kept telling me it was okay to get my stuff out, it was okay to cry when I needed to. And after giving me permission to do that enough times, I did! And Lisa was there to give me a hug and remind me God was with me and would get me through whatever. We took a couple great trips together--to Kansas City and to Lake of the Ozarks and had a blast traveling together. Our friendship has gone through a lot and changed, and our lives are in very different places right now. But we get together when we can and catch up on each other's lives. I will always be grateful for how Lisa was there for me in some difficult times, and I am grateful for some important things our friendship has taught me about relationships and life.

No comments: