Monday, September 3, 2007

Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
This verse has been an important one to me for a long time. Back when I was in high school and was stressed out about stuff, I would look at a little card containing this verse pinned to the bulletin board in my room. And it always encouraged me. It reminded me to look outside myself. It reminded me to look to Christ. This verse continues to be very powerful to me, and lately I seem to be surrounded by this verse--it is the theme this year of the school/church I serve, and it just keeps popping up in various places. And it's the perfect verse to be surrounded with at the time I am writing this. I am busy with my full time work in the church and trying to finish work on my Master's. Sometimes I don't know how I can do everything. And then this verse reminds me I can do NOTHING myself. I am weak, I am powerless, I am nothing on my own. But Christ Who died and rose again is strong, and powerful, and is always with me. He conquered sin, death, and the devil. He gives me forgiveness and eternal life. And He gives me His strength daily. I take great comfort in that.

No comments: