Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Golden Girls


I remember seeing this show when it first aired in the 80s. But it has been in watching the reruns of it now that I really have grown to love it. It is a funny show! And though it's been over 20 years since it debuted, it has a timelessness about it. I read an article that college kids dig this show even though it's about older women. I think this is so because ultimately it is about friendship of women. Though the characters are very different from each other, they are family to each other and get through the various ups and downs of life together. They banter back and forth, and sometimes get mad at each other, but they always stick by each other. I think the chemistry of these actresses was so great. Bea Arthur is my fav. Her dry humor, the ways she delivers her lines--I love it! A couple of my favorite episodes include "The Auction" and "It's a Miserable Life."

No comments: