Friday, August 31, 2007

Heaven on Seven

When I knew I was going to downtown Chicago on my last trip up north, I searched the internet for interesting restaurants to try. Heaven on Seven was one I came across, and when I mentioned it to my friend Abigail who I was meeting downtown, she said we should definitely go. When I visited New Orleans a number of years ago, I enjoyed the food, and this place claims "The Best Louisiana Cookin' Outside of New Orleans." The food was excellent. We had the Shrimp and Andouille Eggrolls with spicy mustard and ginger mango sauce and Asian Slaw for an appetizer. And I had the Angry Chicken Po' Boy Sandwich. I like the atmosphere of the place too--all sorts of Mardi Gras beads, masks, etc on the walls and hanging from the chandeliers and the wall of hot sauces was pretty cool. There are various sauces on each table as well with names like "Ass in Antarctica" "Asbirin" "Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally." I tried as many of the different sauces as I could. Great dining experience, and I hope to go back sometime. http://www.heavenonseven.com/index.html

No comments: