Saturday, August 11, 2007

Meet the Parents

I think this movie is so funny. Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro are so good in their roles. It cracks me up every time I see it--the dialogue, the series of events that happen to this poor guy who just loves his girlfriend and wants to marry her.

Some dialogue as Jack and Greg are in the car:

Jack: Greg, how come you don't like cats?
Greg: (pause) I don't not like cats. I just, I just prefer dogs. I mean, I'm more of a dog kind of, you know...you come home, they're wagging their little tails, they're happy to see you.
Jack: You need that assurance, do you? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal.
Greg: I...
Jack: You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between its legs, and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. Dogs are very easy to break. But cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do.
Greg: (pause) Huh

DeNiro delivers his lines so dryly. Great stuff!

No comments: