Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I Don't Mind at All" Bourgeois Tagg

I remember hearing this song on the radio from time to time in the 80’s, and I always liked it, but didn’t know who performed it. A couple years ago, I was thinking about this song again, and found out it was performed by Bourgeois Tagg. This group eventually split up, reportedly because Bourgeois recovered from his substance abuse problems and wanted to focus on more Christian themes in their music, and Tagg did not. Brent Bourgeois then went on to release albums under a Christian label, and wrote songs for various Christian singers and bands.

This song is beautiful with the acoustic guitar and strings. And I always kind of dug the lyric:
“Several years ago I said goodbye to my own sanity. But I don’t.. No, I don’t...No, I don't mind at all.”

No comments: