Monday, March 24, 2008

The Game

This movie is a great psychological thriller featuring Michael Douglas as Nicholas Van Orten, a successful businessman who is cold and detached. His brother (played by Sean Penn) gives Nicholas an unexpected birthday present--enrollment in "a game." As various things happen to Nicholas to shake him up and to even make him fear for his life, he (and the viewer) is left to wonder what the game really is--is it just a game or a con, a scheme to get his money, etc.?

I love the suspense of this movie and how it leaves you wondering throughout what's going on. I've discussed this movie before with my friend Cassie who hates the ending. I can see where she's coming from as it does seem far fetched and questionable, but I still love how thrilling this movie is and think it's unique and fun to watch.

No comments: