Monday, January 14, 2008

Genesis 16:13

13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me."

When I read Genesis, this verse always stands out to me. Hagar, pregnant with Abraham's child, has fled Sarai because Sarai was mistreating her. But she can't flee God. He speaks to her and gives her a promise. Hagar then names the LORD, and I just think it's a cool name, "You are the God Who sees me." God does always see us. There is no place we can go to flee from Him. God sees us--sees us when we're experiencing all our joys and when we're experiencing pain and sorrow. He sees, He loves, He forgives, and He reminds us of His many promises to us. He sees the real us, He sees the stuff we want to hide from everyone. And He keeps on loving us.

No comments: