Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol


I love music so I guess it's surprising I didn't get into this show longer ago. But really last season was the first one I watched straight through. I like watching the whole progression--the auditions which can be pretty funny, and then the whittling down of all these people till finally the best (or at least the person those who vote think is best) is left. I like hearing the various songs performed, and seeing the celebrities that help coach the contestants. And there's something exciting about seeing some of these people who will probably go really far get started. Idol is music, it's fun, and it's something mindless to watch at the end of the day which is often exactly what I need. I enjoy it. My favorite Idol contestant thus far--probably Melinda Doolittle from last season. In addition to having an AMAZING voice, she was down to earth, sweet and sincere, and seemed to live her faith.

No comments: