Monday, November 10, 2008

Esther 4:15-16

15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."

Esther bravely states she will go ahead and speak to the king in order to try to save her people, even though it means she could be killed. Though God isn't mentioned by name in the book of Esther, we see God at work in passages like this. He strengthened Esther and enabled her to speak these words and to risk her life.

This verse is special to me because it is part of the deaconess motto. I pray God will give me the strength to serve Him to the best of my ability no matter what the cost. Even if it would mean my life.

No comments: