Friday, August 29, 2008

Runaway Jury

This 2003 drama/thriller is an adaptation of the John Grisham novel The Runaway Jury. Gene Hackman, John Cusack and Dustin Hoffman star in the film. In the film Dustin Hoffman plays a lawyer representing a woman whose husband was killed in a shooting while at his office. They go up against a major firearms company, claiming it is responsible for his death. Gene Hackman is a jury consultant for the defense. The first time I watched this movie I was amazed at how he had all these people analyzing potential jurors and so on. John Cusack plays a juror. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll just say it's a really intriguing movie with the interesting premise of a jury being able to be influenced, led or even "sold." I think this is my favorite movie based on a Grisham novel.

No comments: