Saturday, August 9, 2008

Psalm 54

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Amaskil of David. When the Ziphites had gone to Saul and said, "Is not David hiding among us?"

1 Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might.
2 Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth.
3 Strangers are attacking me; ruthless men seek my life—men without regard for God. Selah
4 Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.
5 Let evil recoil on those who slander me; in your faithfulness destroy them.
6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, O LORD, for it is good.

7 For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

David faced a lot of challenging times; sometimes he was struggling to survive. But he called out to God and asked for His help. He realized the LORD was the One who sustained him, just as the LORD sustains us through our troubles and during those times when we feel like the world's against us. Because of the LORD, we too can look in triumph on our foes, including the devil who is always trying to tempt us and pull us away from God. We know he's been defeated!


No comments: