Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Worry Quote--Michael J. Fox

(Answering a question about if he is embarrassed by his Parkinson's disease)

"I'm really free of worrying about what I look like, because it's out of my shaky hands. I don't control it. So why would I waste one second of my life worrying about it?"
--Michael J. Fox, actor and Parkinson's activist

When I was reading the Time magazine piece where Fox was responding to questions people had written to him, his response really made an impact on me, especially because of difficulties I am facing right now. He is so right--why waste one second worrying about things out of our control? It is the human nature to do so though and we all need to constantly remind ourselves of these words. And for me as a Christian, I need to be reminded it is God Who is in control of all things.

No comments: