Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Do They Know It's Christmas?" Band Aid





This was written and first performed in 1984 to raise money for relief of the 1984-85 Ethiopian famine. Artists such as Duran Duran, Phil Collins, George Michael, Bono, Paul Young, Sting, Kool and the Gang, and others participated. I dig when a bunch of artists get together like this and perform together, especially when it is for a good cause.

Growing up, I remember I would hear this song played on the radio after Thanksgiving each year. I always looked forward to hearing it, and eventually bought a copy of it. I never get tired of it. From beginning to the end "Feed the World" refrain, it's good stuff. Don't really care for the remakes really though. Especially the one in 2004--they changed it too much.

No comments: