Monday, October 13, 2008

"Down Under" Men at Work



What a great song! It was great in the 80s and it's still great now! I love it not just for the music, but because it is about Australia, a place I have always wanted to visit. The flute part in the song is really cool, and is actually based around the tune "Kookaburra."


A year ago or so I was in a coffee house and heard an acoustic version of "Down Under" which I really dug. Colin Hay, lead singer of Men at Work, had released an acoustic version of the song. I think I may like that even more than the original. But hey, they're both good; it all depends on if you're in the mood for upbeat or mellow.

Listen and/or purchase Men at Work version

Colin Hay versions (There are 2 on his album, but the acoustic version is better, in my opinion)

No comments: