Friday, March 27, 2009

Lamentations 3:19-26

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.


I love this passage. It speaks of the pain, the bitterness, the anguish we experience one earth as a result of sin. But then it speaks of the hope we have in the LORD, the hope we can have only in Him. "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed." We may feel at times like we are about to be consumed, but we're not. God is faithful and compassionate always. We can depend on that in our darkest times. We can cling to these words in Lamentations and trust in our ever faithful God.

No comments: